The Carshare Shropshire and Telford Scheme provides a car sharing service with the aim of enabling members to make contact with each other for the purpose of sharing their vehicles, thereby reducing the number of single passenger car journeys in the county of Shropshire.
This Agreement applies between Users of this Web Site and Members of the Carshare Shropshire and Telford Scheme, and Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council. Your agreement to comply with, and be bound by, this Agreement is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site.
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- the personal information used by Users to access Material and/or any communications System on the Web Site;
- Business Day
- every day except a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday
- the practice of two or more people sharing a car from one destination to another
- Collection Point
- the place where a driver and a passenger agree to meet at the start of their journey
- Collection Time
- the time agreed between a driver and a passenger for collection at the Collection Point
- any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on, or forms part of, this Web Site
- all information that you submit to the Web Site including, but not limited to, Account details
- a Member of the Scheme who has agreed to drive other Members in a vehicle he or she is lawfully permitted to use
- a registered member of the Scheme
- a Member of the Scheme who has agreed to be a passenger in the vehicle of another Member who has agreed to be a Driver
- the Carshare Shropshire and Telford Scheme, which is an initiative of Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council
- Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council
- the partnership between Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council
- a person who visits this Web Site on one or more occasions
- Web Site
- Jambusters Limited
- the provider of the web-based car sharing facility and information service to "Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council" via the Web Site
2. Intellectual Property
2.1 All Content of this Web Site is the property of the members of Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council. By continuing to use this Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable laws.
2.2 You may not print, reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use Content from this Web Site without the express permission of both Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council, except where sub-clause 2.3 below applies.
2.3 Content of this Web Site may be re-used without express permission of either Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
3. Links to Other Web Sites
3.1 This Web Site may contain links to other web sites. Unless expressly stated, these web sites are not under the control of either Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss, injury or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another web site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the web site itself or of those in control of it.
4. Links to this Web Site
4.1 Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other web sites may do so only to the home page of this Web Site without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within this Web Site) requires the express permission of both Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council.
5.1 Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected with your consent: name; gender; place of work; contact information (such as email addresses and telephone numbers); demographic information (such as post code and preferences); information relating to your travel habits.
5.2 Furthermore, any of the following Data may be collected automatically whenever you visit the site from a web browser: IP address; web browser type and version; operating system.
5.3 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by us for as long as you use the Web Site. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
5.4 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. To use all facilities available on the Web Site, however, you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
5.5 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
6. Data Protection
6.1 All personal information will be treated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. The only personal details that will be viewed by potential car sharers are forename, gender and place of work or where you are travelling to. The Carshare Shropshire and Telford Scheme System Administrator will have access to the personal details that you enter, but these will only be used for statistical analysis and administration duties. Jambusters Limited will also have access to this information for administration purposes only, and the data will be treated confidentially. No personal information will be passed on to third parties.
6.2 You agree to receive emails from other Members wishing to share transport, and occasional emails from an Administrator conveying sharing opportunities or news about the Scheme.
7.1 Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council make no warranty or representation that this Web Site will:
- 7.1.1 meet your requirements;
- 7.1.2 be fit for a particular purpose; or
- 7.1.3 be compatible with all systems.
7.2 No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind, including participating in the Carshare Shropshire and Telford Scheme.
7.3 Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council give no guarantee that Members will find a compatible Driver or Passenger and as such our inability to match Members will not be considered reason for compensation.
7.4 Personal security is the responsibility of each individual Member, and Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council do not accept responsibility for the actions of the Scheme's Members.
7.5 Members are not vetted in anyway or asked to disclose any criminal convictions spent or unspent.
7.6 No warranty is given whatsoever as to the road worthiness or otherwise of any vehicles.
7.7 No warranty is given as to the validity or otherwise of Members' motor insurance policies
7.8 The information contained in this Web Site is not comprehensive and despite every effort, it may not be accurate, up-to-date or applicable to the circumstances of any particular case. Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council cannot accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions (other than for fraudulent misrepresentation) in this Web Site, and any decisions you make based on information contained in this Web Site are your sole responsibility.
8. Availability of this Web Site
8.1 This service is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis.
8.2 The members of the Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council accept no liability whatsoever for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to: Internet Service Provider equipment failure; host equipment failure; communications network failure; power failure; fire; flood; violent storm; pestilence; explosion; malicious damage; armed conflict; acts of terrorism; nuclear, biological or chemical warfare; natural events; or any other natural or man-made disaster.
9. Limitation of Liability
9.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council accept no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, injury (physical or psychological) or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this Web Site or from participation in the Scheme. Members should be aware that they use this Web Site and participate in the Scheme at their own risk.
10.1 Under this Agreement, Drivers shall:
- 10.1.1 hold a full, valid United Kingdom driving licence;
- 10.1.2 hold a valid certificate of insurance for the vehicle concerned;
- 10.1.3 inform their insurance company, and/or any other individual(s) or corporate body/bodies which may have an interest in the vehicle in question, of their participation in the Scheme, making specific reference to any contribution towards fuel which Drivers are to receive from their Passengers;
- 10.1.4 hold a valid M.O.T certificate for the vehicle concerned; and
- 10.1.5 produce the documentation referred to in 10.1.1, 10.1.2 and 10.1.4 to Passengers on request; and
- 10.1.6 refrain from eating, drinking, smoking or using a mobile phone whilst in the vehicle concerned
10.2 Under this Agreement, Passengers shall:
- 10.2.1 refrain from eating, drinking or smoking whilst in the vehicle concerned;
- 10.2.2 refrain from distracting or otherwise behaving in a way which compromises the Driver's general concentration; and
- 10.2.3 make a contribution towards fuel costs at a rate agreed between yourself and the driver
10.3 Under this Agreement, all Members shall:
- 10.3.1 agree a mutually convenient Collection Point and Collection Time;
- 10.3.2 arrive at the Collection Point at the agreed Collection Time;
- 10.3.3 inform the Driver or Passenger(s) as the case may be of any delay, providing as much notice as is reasonably possible in all the circumstances;
- 10.3.4 refrain from telephoning other Members during unsociable hours; and
- 10.3.5 be at least 18 years of age.
10.4 Membership is at the discretion of Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council and no reason will be given, or correspondence entered into, if an application for membership is refused or cancelled.
10.5 Members may cancel their membership at anytime.
11. No Waiver
11.1 In the event that any party to this Agreement fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy in the future.
12.1 All notices and communications shall be given to us by e-mail to email@example.com. Such notice will be deemed received on the day of sending if the e-mail is received in full on a Business Day and on the next Business Day if the e-mail is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
13. Changes to this User Agreement
We reserve the right to change this Agreement as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Web Site and you are deemed to have accepted the revised Agreement on your first use of the Web Site following the alterations.
14. Law and Jurisdiction
13.1 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.